I am a strategy and operations leader with a proven record at startups, mission-driven brands and non-profits. I can help you ideate and operationalize high-engagement digital services, including content delivery and earned revenue programs.
My favorite thing is unraveling messes.
“Messes are made of information and people.”
- Abby Covert, "How to Make Sense of Any Mess"
PAST 10 YEARS
Head of Consumer Experience, Maker Media
Make: combines print and online content, events and e-commerce in support of the Maker Movement, a tech-influenced DIY community. I was responsible for aligning business goals with the needs of the maker community and managing a cross-functional team of 15-20 across engineering, event management, content development and marketing. I championed a strategy focused on professional development for makers and evangelized learning & financial outcomes to potential investors, including venture funds, philanthropic non-profits and Corporate & Social Responsibility managers.
‣ Pitched investment opportunity resulting in three Letters of Intent from outside investors and private equity and 2019 asset purchase by founder
‣ Ideated and operationalized an online portfolio and community platform as part of a $3M strategic partnership with Intel, posting $300K net income in first year
‣ Led digital growth strategy resulting in 62% YOY user account growth in 2018; a 25% YOY increase in total email file size in 2018; and the creation of new earned revenue channels through a monetized membership program and a blended-learning SAAS platform
‣ Created print and digital content including branded activations for Digi-Key Electronics, eBay, Barnes & Noble, AT&T, and GE in collaboration with Hackster.io
‣ Built product design process & team from scratch to 7-person operation
Sr. Director Media Operations, Slashdot Media for Dice Holdings
Included Slashdot.org and SourceForge.net, which together during this period hosted 54M visits and served 164M pageviews/334M advertising impressions per month. Led a team of 12 across product development, ad-ops and marketing and managed a $3.5M budget to support annual delivery of $16 million in advertising and sponsored content programs, growing programmatic advertising revenue to $40K/month.
Director of UI & Content Development, Dice.com for Dice Holdings
The leading career site for technology professionals, Dice at that time delivered 50m+ monthly page views, 11K searches per month, and 60-90k job applies per month. Directed B2B customer research and overhauled the UX, increasing total content page views by 60% and reader engagement by 55% YOY over 2012.
Director of Voter Outreach, Overseas Vote Foundation
A nonpartisan nonprofit, Overseas Vote Foundation provides online voter registration tools and services for 6M+ U.S. voters living overseas. Ran voter outreach campaign during 2010 midterm election. Secured grant funding from Carnegie Corp. and The Pew Center on the States for best-financed outreach program to date; direct email campaign drove 108% YOY traffic increase.
B.A. Political Science
San Francisco State University
Graduated Summa Cum Laude, emphasis on Marxist theory
Certificate in French Language and Civilization
Completed avec mention bien